Installing, repairing and maintaining flat roofing systems in Florida is a complex process, and you want to make sure you hire a professional Vero Beach roofing contractor in order to ensure your flat roof is properly installed and in good condition so it won't result in leaks, standing water or structural damages due to poor installation. At Kuhnert Roof, our team of expert Vero Beach roofers are highly experienced in flat roof installation, repairs and maintenance services. You can our team to do the job right the first time as we have over 40 years of experience installing flat roofing systems for residential and commercial customers throughout the greater Vero Beach and Port St. Lucie area.
Why invest in professional services for your flat roof? It's a fact that your Vero Beach roof is one of the most important parts of your house, and is the one thing that provides the building structure, occupants and contents with protection from the elements of nature. Many Vero Beach flat roofs are in a state of disrepair, but homeowners ignore this issue until either roof or the weather gets worse. With regular maintenance and the early identification and fixing of any flat roofing problems, you can usually avoid the big problems that have equally big price tags attached to them. Regular roof maintenance will also help extend the life of your roof.
Selecting Flat Roofing Materials in Vero Beach, FL
Vero Beach flat roofing systems have extra difficulties associated with them. Because they do not slope, rainwater does not automatically run down the roof and drain off. This is why It is absolutely vital that flat roofing materials are as water resistant and water tight as possible to prevent serious damage to the roof as well as the rest of the building. There are many new types of flat roofing material being used today, and while these roofing materials offer more in the way of protection, they are also more expensive as a general rule. There are still three main types of flat roofing materials that are used on a regular basis on new and older houses: built up flat roofing materials, modified bitumen, and rubber membrane flat roofing materials.
- Built Up Flat Roofing Materials. Built up roofing is basically just that. Built up roofing consists of laying down several layers of tar and water resistant materials and then covered with gravel. This is quite an old technique but the introduction of new waterproof materials has seen the strength and durability of this technique increase. The gravel acts as a good fire resistant layer and can be made to look very attractive. It is usually the cheapest of the flat roofing materials available, however, it is very heavy and may require strengthening of the joists.
- Modified Bitumen Flat Roofing. Modified bitumen is another stalwart in the world of flat roofing materials. Once upon a time it was necessary to use torchdown techniques that involved burning the roll of material onto the roof, however it is now possible to get adhesive varieties, thus cutting out the potential fire hazard that is sometimes associated. The mineral surface that is used to create modified bitumen can be created in light colors, effectively reflecting the heat and sun. This will cut down on your energy bills during the summer months.
- Rubber Membrane. Rubber membrane is another method of coating your flat roof. As far as flat roofing materials go it is durable and resistant to general wear and tear. Leaks are easy to find and repair, but the cost is really quite high. The standard black rubber does not reflect heat and paying for a lighter membrane will cost you more, however, it is quick to fit and will cause little disruption to your Vero Beach house life during the process.
The Flat Roofing Process
- Our Vero Beach roofers will clean the existing roof system as needed, including flashing, boots, vents and rotted wood areas.
- We will remove and replace any and all rotted roof sheathing throughout the entire roof area.
- Next, any and all rotted fascia is removed and replaced.
- We will then disconnect existing air conditioning and heating units.
- New aluminum air conditioning stands will then be installed and fastened to the decking to meet code requirements before we reconnect the existing HVAC units. New quick disconnects for air conditioning unites will also be installed at this time where needed.
- The next step in the flat roofing process is to install eps fan fold insulation to the entire roof's surface.
- Once the insulation is fastened, we will install tie-in roofing materials as needed to match the existing roof.
- Our specially designed high wind resistant duro-last pvc/cpa single-ply roofing system including membrane, flashing, vents, boots, curbs and fasteners are then installed to the entire roof area.
- Next our Vero Beach roofers install a duro-last membrane to the entire roof area using poly-plates and screws.
- An additional membrane is installed and fastened to the entire perimeter of the roof.
- We then install new perimeter flashings including fascia bars, fascia cap, drip edge, and sealing the top flange of the fascia bar and cap during a durable caulk/sealant.
- Next we install durable boots over plumbing stacks, which are then sealed.
- Where applicable, we will install safety walk pad networks from roof access points to air conditioning units for roof traffic personnel.
- Wind-baffle vacuum moisture control vents are also installed for increased roof system wind uplift.
- Finally, we will clean up and remove all debris from the roofing site, finishing up the flat roofing installation or re-roofing process.
Our Vero Beach Flat Roof Contractors Provide These Services
- Flat Roofs
- Flat Roof Repairs
- Flat Roofing
- Commercial Roofing
- Modified Bitumen
- Rubber Membrane
- Installing Roofing
- Roofing Systems
- Roofing Repair
- Roof Leaks
- Roof Vents
- Roofing Materials
Why Vero Beach Should Hire Us for Their Flat Roofs
If you are looking for a residential or commercial Vero Beach roofing contractor to install, maintain or repair a flat roof, then look no further than the expert roofers at Kuhnert Roofing. Our team has over 40 years of combined experience working with flat roofs in the Vero Beach and Port St. Lucie area, so you can rest assured that you will receive top quality results from our flat roofing systems.
Flat roofs are great for maximizing the amount of usable space both above and below the roof of your Florida home or commercial building. They also make for a modern and stylish addition to any building. For top quality flat roofing systems and reliable flat roof repairs, contact the professional Vero Beach roofers at Kuhnert Roofing today.
Recent Articles about Flat Roofs
- Hiring a Roofer In Florida - There are about as many roofing contractors to choose from as there are doctors, and I suggest you take the same care in choosing your roofing contractor as you would your doctor. While it's clear that you are going to want a Florida roofing contractor that employees capable installers, and it's clear you will need ...
- What Is the Right Roofing Material for My Vero Beach Home? - Your choice of Vero Beach roofing material will affect both the external appearance of your home and the comfort of your family inside the home. Roofing materials are important in energy conservation, comfort, and the appearance of your home. Your choice of material for a re-roofing project or for a new roof on a home addition ...